Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Setting the Stage

After countless feet of lamination, repeated rearranging of the desks/tables/shelves, lots of colored chart paper, several labels and staples, combined with some pretty darn wonderful helpers (who, at this point, I feel I owe my livelihood to) my classroom is finally "kid friendly"! Notice I didn't say it was ready…haha the semantics are key. I would honestly like to meet the teacher who says that there is absolutely nothing more he or she feels could be done in his or her classroom…I would probably high five them and then interrogate them (on behalf of the rest of us teachers who know they MUST be either lying or crazy). Just kidding :) It's very eye-opening to reflect on what I pictured my first day of school to be like - overly prepared, incredibly organized, well-rested, my classroom with everything in just the right place…those were lovely dreams :)
The good news is that it doesn't require the very best surroundings to be a good teacher. It takes things like patience, knowledge, perseverance, and a strong desire to positively influence the lives of children! That's the exciting part, for me :) I pray that the Lord continues to develop and refine those qualities in me!

Posted below are a few "before" photos of my classroom as it was when I walked in and plopped down my goods less than a week ago. Check back tomorrow to view the "after" photos!



I would like to give a special thanks to my two aunts, my boyfriend, and the friends who generously gave their time (and sweat) to help get my classroom in shape for the start of school! You are so very appreciated!!
Also, thank you Dollar Tree for being so wonderfully inexpensive. After scavenging just about every one of your stores in the OKC metroplex, you probably need to restock.

Say a prayer for me, if you would, when you finish reading this! Tomorrow's my first day as a REAL teacher!!!!!! WOW! :)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/18/2010

    Saying a prayer for you tonite Lindsey, your Mom would be sooooo proud! love you!
    Kerrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I LOVE YOUUU! and i am TOTALLY reading your blog! haha :)
    <3 Shallon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Sandi8/19/2010

    How exciting...I know you will be a fabulous teacher with these young kids !! Keep us posted on your first day and keep smiling.
    We love you bunches !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lifting you up in pray! I just know that you will be amazing and these kids are so lucky to have you as their 3rd grade teacher. Hugs...Aunt Lynn

    ReplyDelete