Saturday, August 28, 2010

Payback

Let me start out by saying that this post is dedicated to every teacher who had me as a student in class from K-8th grade…

On Friday, as I was reminding my students to stop talking for the upteenth time, I realized an element of truth in the saying "what goes around comes around."

In my elementary school days, I was certainly the student who struggled with can'tshutyourmouth syndrome. So, I was talkative. Big deal, right? Wrong. I was the student whose desk was frequently moved away from all other students/distractions (isolation island is what some have called it). I have a distinct memory of spending several weeks in 5th grade with my desk facing a blank wall.
If you know me well, then you already know that I have always loved sharing my thoughts/feelings with others… this generally doesn't work well while a teacher is talking, when one is supposed to be working silently… You name it - I was probably either chatting with my neighbor, quietly humming, blurting out, etc.

Several months ago, as I was sifting through some papers my mom saved from my younger years, I found this piece of incriminating evidence…


*Disclaimer: I do not condone this method of punishment, nor would I stake claim in its effectiveness (believe me, it doesn't work).

Needless to say, I am now being payed back in full.


(headed up to the school to spend my saturday planning!)

No comments:

Post a Comment