Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 5

Today it was my turn to cry. I cried for a solid 2 hours after I left school. Not joking.
As I trudged up the stairs to my apartment, a snotty mess, I wondered to myself what my students would think if they knew the effect they've had on me. Sigh. I'm exhausted by the amount of patience that is required of me each day, and overwhelmed by the work load. Jesus give me strength.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I'll spare you all the gory details of my day and leave you instead with this lovely message that a student wrote on the chalkboard during one of his fits.



On the bright side, at least he spelled all the words right and remembered to use punctuation…

Deeeeep breath. If you remember in the next few days, please say a prayer for me. There's a good chance that at that exact moment I'll be needing one.

4 comments:

  1. Ashley Taylor8/26/2010

    Isaiah 41:10
    "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

    Hebrews 13:6
    "So we may boldly say, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?'"

    Philippians 4:13
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

    Praying you'll be strengthened by the ultimate Helper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Sandi8/26/2010

    Wipe the snot dearest....It's only begun and for each one of those little demons that erupt now and again, you will have great moments rise up with others that so appreciate all you do.
    Remember this... I deal with adults acting out this same way !!! Good Lord give us strength.
    Love you,
    Aunt Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, Sandi, thank you for the bit of laughter your comment brought me tonight :) & for reminding me to take the treasure and leave the trash!
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsey!!! I was going to leave you a little comment on your facebook and I saw you now have a blog! Oh, sweet girl, I hope school was a little better today? I am feeling almost as overwhelmed as you, as I think most first year teachers are, and I will add you to my daily prayer list. But seriously, I feel like no one really ever mentioned just HOW HARD your first year teaching is WHAT IS THAT ABOUT?? love ya, hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete