Thursday, September 29, 2011

Choice Words

Schoolwide email I received today from my principal:

"Please be very careful talking in hallways...remember not to use unkind words when talking about students even if that student has made bad choices.  Words like brats, turds, etc should never be used by teachers.  Certainly there are days when kids are stinkers and make bad choices but if a parent hears you call their child a brat, even if you mean it in a kidding way, they might be very offended. I have a friend that is a teacher and she calls her kids turds, also not something I would want said here so please just be aware of what you are saying.  I am certain every teacher here loves all their kids but visitors might not know that so please keep positive thoughts and words on your mind."
There's just something about your boss using the word "turd" so freely in an email...I couldn't help but laugh out loud when I read it. But, they say laughter is good medicine. So, yeah. That's about all I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment