Thursday, September 15, 2011

Appreciation is Appreciated

This week I have been shown some love.
I received my first gift of the school year from a student.


He came to school on Monday with his left hand swollen to twice its normal size. Not kidding/should've taken a picture. He said a butterfly bit him (he meant a bee stung him). His mom sent him to school anyway, and said it would be okay. I sent him home, and said he needed to go to the doctor. 
He brought me this dog when he returned to school on Wednesday (with a much more normal-sized hand). I guess he loved me so much for forcing his mom to take care of him that he decided a Valentine's Day stuffed animal was most appropriate.

Today a local coffee catering company voluntarily set up their bar in the teacher's lounge and spent the morning brewing delicious made-to-order beverages for all the staff. 

A cold front came through today with some light rain - it seemed to be the perfect morning for a coffee bar. And I certainly can't complain about starting my day off with some heart-shaped latte art. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment