Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Caffinated

I went to a coffee shop tonight to have a "grading party" with a couple of my friends who are also teachers. Grading is almost always more enjoyable in good company.
It wasn't until 10pm rolled around, and I found myself wondering why in the world I don't feel tired yet, that I realized I forgot to order my latte decaf…
Upside: I'll get more work done tonight. Plus, the blog is getting updated.
Downside: Getting out of bed tomorrow morning will surely not be very fun.
Note to self: No caffeine after dinner on a school night.


Update: I was up until 1AM (!) when I finally forced myself to lay down and go to sleep. BUT it turns out I can be highly productive in the wee hours of the night. I analyzed all my students' literacy assessments, and used the data to organize my students for small group instruction in phonics, word study, and comprehension. I changed my daily literacy work station routine. I also reconfigured my tightly-packed daily schedule to incorporate time for much needed math fact practice AND math intervention. HECK. YES.

1 comment:

  1. VERY IMPRESSIVE as I sit here doing nothing in recovery from this dog bite!

    ReplyDelete