Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sophia

I have a darling little girl in my class who I'm beginning to believe was sent by God to love me this year. She now tells me multiple times a day that she loves me, in the most adorable way. It may sound silly, but for me right now it really is something special to be reminded on a daily basis that I am lovable - straight from the heart of a child. (Even if it is a third grader who adores me, after all.) At recess on Thursday, she snuck up and kissed me quickly on the cheek. So darn cute. Yesterday, she came up to my desk, gave me a hug and said, "You're my flower."    Is that not the sweetest thing? She said it with such simplicity and sincerity. I think she may be an angel. Maybe not, but it was certainly an admiration for my heart to treasure.

3 comments:

  1. Love this, love you! And of course, love the blog updates in general. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo sweet! Kids speak the truth too...you KNOW if they don't like you...they'll tell you! Glad you have her in class this year...she'll be a little boost of encouragement from the Lord for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is definitely your angel and God knows you need it! Enjoy the preciousness of her heart! It warms mine to know you have the gift of Sophie!

    ReplyDelete