Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fast Facts from the First Day

More on first day details at a later time, but for now I would like to say that I simply could not have imagined a better start to this school year. In comparison with my experience last year, it was a cakewalk. After today, I feel hopeful. Hopeful that what people always say, about it getting better each year, might actually be true.

Also, I left the building today at 5:35pm.
Yes, that should surprise you.
If you paid attention to my posts at all last year, you'll note that 5:35 is considered a VERY early night for me. It still wasn't easy - I had to make a conscious decision to cut myself off. But the important point here is that I chose to feed my life outside of school. For once, I wasn't the last car left in the parking lot.
Depressing view from last year.

Since I was not working in my classroom until all hours of the night, my evening ended like this instead:
:)

To top it all off, I purchased some new music. A very chill album, at that :) Barton Hollow by The Civil Wars. Great harmonies. Thanks, Meliss, for the recommendation.

On that note, I should be asleep.
Goodnight :)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/18/2011

    good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8/22/2011

    I told you it would be a great year!! :) Love you!!
    -Shelby Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8/22/2011

    I am so proud of you Linds! Barton Hollow is one of my favorite things to listen to right now!

    Love you,

    Your sister

    ReplyDelete