Saturday, July 7, 2012

Same Game. New Name.

First of all, a thank you to those of you who have trucked along with me as I have documented (rather inconsistently) my experiences teaching third grade for the past two years. You are quite faithful, and I love you for it.

I kept the original blog title, Footholds of a First Year Teacher through my entire second year of teaching. I figured I was still new enough at the job to justify leaving it alone. However, I will now be going into my third year as a teacher (can you believe it??). And, if I plan to keep this up for much longer, I figured it was probably time to start brainstorming new titles... Footholds of a Veteran Teacher just didn't have the same ring to it. Not to mention, it makes me sound quite a bit older, probably with short, permed hair. 

courtesy of blog.vh1.com


So, with one last tribute to the old interface....

foot·hold [foot-hohld]
-noun
1. a place or support for the feet; a place where a person may stand or walk securely.
2. a secure position, esp. a firm basis for further progress or development.



....say hello to ElementaryTeacherisms.blogspot.com

I must admit, I'm a little sad to change the blog at all (qualms of the nostalgic); but all the old posts are still accessible, and the I'm keeping the background the same (for now). So really the only difference is the URL. On that note, don't forget to follow me at the new blog site if you'd like to continue receiving updates on my journey as an elementary teacher!

Here's to a new school year in T-Minus 3 weeks!!


1 comment:

  1. yay! glad you're still blogging. hope you're enjoying the start to a new school year!

    ReplyDelete